9-11-2017 Fishing

Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11, 2017 was the first time since Hurricane Irma that I bothered visiting the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, and it was an interesting sight.


The winds were still gusting and although the water levels on the causeway were close to the roadway, it did not deter some hardy souls from wetting a line in hopes of catching redfish for dinner.


When I took Elmo and Odie for a ride, I was surprised how many fishermen were actually out on the water.

The north side of the causeway was spotted with at least a dozen fishermen who had each staked out at least a couple of rods with cut or live mullet.  

When I asked about the fishing, a couple of guys said the reds were "hitting like there was no tomorrow".

I took a couple of quick pics and a short video before heading back to the house for some cleanup,

I briefly thought about grabbing a rod and joining in on the action, but my yard needed some attention.  I had three ponds in my yard which is not in a flood zone, and a 50 foot tree across my driveway that I could not take down because of the water.

I count my blessings.  It could have been so much worse.

Till when I can wet a line again,
Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: