Peacociks Pocket Snook

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Although the season is now closed, Peacocks Pocket Snook fishing is still available on a catch and release basis.

Luis Rivera was kind enough to send me this pic of a linesider he caught in Peacocks Pocket, so I decided to post it along with his email.


"Hello there, just wanted to share this photo with you. I recently started reading your blog and have founded very helpful, I went to Peacocks today and after reading your post from last Sunday I decided to throw a Johnson spoon, I was throwing a "sprite" at first but I was getting a lot of weeds on it so I decided to switch to a "weedless" and just cast a bit move on and cast a bit and so forth, eventually I found a nice deep pocket and casted for a bit and then Boom I got hit by this nice Snook. so, thanks again for posting and hopefuly someday I can hook up with you so you can teach me how to "really" fish the area."

The gold spoon is one of my favorite "go to" baits for big sea trout, redfish and snook.

If you know how to work one correctly, they can draw strikes from fish when live baits and other types of artificial lures get turned down and as you can see, Luis apparently knows how to work one well.

With any kind of luck I'll be able to get out this afternoon.

Till then, Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: