Pissed Off Gator In The Road

Sunday, July 13, 2014

My wife and I took Elmo and Odie (our wonder dogs) out for a ride around Peacocks Pocket Road yesterday and came across this pissed off gator in the road.


The air temperature was in the mid 80s and it was raining on and off most of the time we were out there.

The grass in the refuge hasn't been mowed in some time which is probably why there was very little vehicle traffic.

We saw only two other fishermen in the area all the time we were scouting out the area and they were close to Catfish Creek Loop.

The water in the refuge was still high and it was "glassy".  There was virtually no wind at all but I still tried tossing around a Chug Bug to see if I could stir up some interest.

I had several strikes and misses but caught no fish on the top water bait.

I had a couple of hits on a Johnson Sprite gold spoon in the East Gator Creek area as we were heading home but again, no fish.

Since this was planned as an outing for our dogs, Karen didn't even bring along a rod.

Anyway, we had a good time viewing the wildlife and evading the gators.

They were out in numbers yesterday and they were active.

Here's a couple of pics of  our crew enjoying the ride.

Elmo
Odie
    
I really need to get Odie a pair of goggles!

Till next time,
Tight lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: