Peacock Pocket

Friday, December 19, 2008

Well folks; to any of you who are interested, Peacock Pocket road is finally open to the public for fishing, birding, or just the enjoyment of the salt marshes.

After a four hour drive from Savannah, Ga. I had enough left in me to pick up a rod and try to catch something before dusk on the Indian River.

Some of the culverts were open and flowing but nothing of consequence was hitting my lures.

I didn't get to the river until about 5:30 and it was almost dark before I made my first cast.

The sunset was beautiful as usual and tomorrow's weather looks good for an early morning fishing trip.

Both the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon provide excellent fishing this time of year.

The crystal clear water makes for good sight fishing however the fish do spook more easily.

Guess I'll break out the trusty Maverick now that the gas price has gone down.

Hummm, wonder for how long?

1 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!:

Anonymous said...

haulover Canal is the best place to fish-anytime, by boat or off sides, I have been fishing there for over 30 yrs., but never have caught a legal redfish there yet (18-27), all reds have been over 32" and largest was 48"