Atlas V Launch From A. Max Brewer Causeway Bridge

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Took the boys for a ride to the marsh this afternoon and stopped on the A. Max Brewer Causeway bridge to check out the Atlas V launch.

Compared to the shuttle launches, it was rather unimpressive but it was still worth stopping.

I took this short video of the launch from Cape Canaveral as it pushed through the cloud cover.


After the launch, I took Elmo and Odie for a drive around East Gator Creek road to see if I could spot any ladyfish in the shallows.

I was surprised to see that the western side of the road was drained almost completely with only a trickle of water remaining in what once was a channel.



The eastern side of the road had a good bit of water in it and for the most part, it was clear and clean.  I spotted a couple of swirls but couldn't tell what the fish were.

I didn't bring any rods with me, so I drove around Catfish Creek Loop to check that area out before heading for the house.

I made a mental note to get out later in the afternoon to walk Peacocks Pocket road and see if the refuge managers did any work to the road.

Tight lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: