Atlas V Weather Satellite Launch

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Went down to the fishing pier this evening to see how the shrimpers were doing and got to see the Atlas V weather satellite launch that blasted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station at 6:42 p.m. Eastern time.

I planned on getting some fishing in this weekend but I got tied up making a custom aquarium stand that took longer than expected.

When I finished the stand this evening, I decided to see how the shrimping was going on the Indian River.

This is the time of the year when the shrimp run starts to get hot in our area but when I got to the fishing pier and started to inspect the buckets, most were empty.



The guys I spoke with said that they[ were waiting for the wind to pick up (in a couple of hours) as the cold front moves into our area.  The weather was a pleasant 70 degrees, but we are expecting 40 degrees tomorrow morning.

Anyway, while the shrimpers were waiting for the wind to pick up and move the shrimp around, I took a few pics and drove up onto the A. Max Brewer Bridge to see the Atlas V launch.


I parked between a couple of cars on the very top of the bridge and after a brief wait took the video below.




The Atlas V launches in my opinion can't compare to the shuttle launches we used to witness, but I still enjoy watching them.

Immediately after the launch, I drove up the road to see if anyone was fishing for reds from the bank.  I spotted a couple of fishermen dunking cut baits but nobody was catching.  Everyone seemed to be fishing.


I drove by the fishing pier one last time before heading home and was serenaded by the band they had at the outdoor bar.


More people were partying than shrimping or fishing this evening.


I may pull out my shrimp net this week to see if I can get a few for the pan.
Till next time,
Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: