Space X Problem And Refuge Closure

Thursday, September 1, 2016

The Space X problem that occurred yesterday at Cape Canaveral, along with the heavy rains we have been experiencing from the hurricane that passed by us, has caused the closure of the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.

Immediately after I heard about the launch test explosion on television yesterday, I took my wife's truck down to the river, along with a couple of spinning rods, to see if it was visible from the bridge.


When I topped the bridge, I could see some smoke on the horizon at the space center,  but most of it had layered on the horizon.  It was an overcast morning so I thought I would drive into the refuge to check out the fishing in the marsh, but when I got to the first entrance, there was a barrier across the road.
 

I never thought they would close down the refuge, especially right before Labor Day but that's exactly what they did.

In any event, I drove down to check out the other entrances and they too were closed to vehicle traffic with no explanation.

I drove back to the house and decided to try it again but when I drove down to the river today, there was a mobile sign advising that due to the rains, all the unimproved roads in the refuge were closed.





Hope they open it up before the weekend, or I might have to break down and take out my flats boat.

Till next time, Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: