Pain In The Neck

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

If you've never had a real pain in the neck, believe me you don't want one.....

I finally got to the doctor's office in Melbourne this morning and had an MRI to determine what the problem is with my neck.

The doctor suspected several things but wanted to wait for the MRI results to be sure.

The medical technician that held me immobile for 20 minutes or so under the machine, showed me the pics which meant absolutely nothing to me.  When I asked him what he saw in the pics, he said that it looked like I had a couple of herniated discs and "something else" going on.

I thanked him for his opinion, got my next appointment, and headed to pick up my prescription for muscle relaxers and pain.

On the way out of the medical center, I took these pics of some Sand Hill Cranes that were pecking for their dinner alongside the parking lot.



I love these big birds.  They have no fear of people and like some of the best of us, mate for life.

After picking up and taking my pills, despite feeling totally miserable, and I decided to take a quick ride around Peacocks Pocket road to see what the water levels were like and if anyone was catching fish.

I hadn't been in the area since I returned home and was planning a fishing outing as soon as I could feel better.

The water levels in the marsh were down slightly from a few weeks ago, the air temperature was in the low 90s, and the wind was blowing enough to make fishing possible.

Peacocks Pocket Road was made for bird watching today.  There were tons of waterfowl in the marsh along with a couple of very large gators sunning on the bank.


 

These white pelicans were flocking in two of the areas where I usually fish.


As I slowly drove along the road scouting for fish, I spotted several reds busting bait along the banks in the marsh canal, and at least two gator sea trout creaming mullet in a shallow pond.

Close to another spot I occasionally fish with my wife, I took this short video of some roseate spoonbills feeding in the shallows.  A couple of large sea trout also made the scene busting on the surface after bait fish.


I could have loaded this page up with tons of pictures of waterfowl, but it's much better to see them on your own.  I'm not sure why Black Point is such a draw for waterfowl, when you can see just as many different species along Peacocks Pocket Road.

Anyway, as it was getting towards dusk, I took a couple of pics of the sunset over the marsh.



Hope you enjoy them.

Till next time, Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: