Indian River Trout Bite

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Indian River trout bite is still good early in the morning and just before dusk in the evening along the shallow flats.

My wife and I fished Peacocks Pocket road Friday evening just before dusk.

Since it was late, I didn't feel like fooling around with a cast net getting live bait. Instead I used a D.O.A. white paddle tail swim bait on a 7' graphite spinning rod loaded with 10# mono tied directly to the lure.

The setup was apparently what the fish wanted.

I missed several smaller trout and landed one about 22" in about an hour of fishing.

The fish were attacking small baitfish that were meandering close to the bank in very shallow water.

As I released the fish, I couldn't help but notice how hot the water temperature was.

Although I didn't have a thermometer with me, the water had to be at least in the upper 80s.

I took a some pics of this big wild boar we saw in the marsh area along with the beautiful scenery and a quick one of one of the fish I caught here.


Although Karen and I didn't get into the area until about 7:30, we never saw a single soul fishing or sight seeing in the area.

I just love having the area to ourselves!



Hope to get out tomorrow and try out the bluefish that are supposed to be running in the surf from Playalinda Beach south.

Till next time.

Tight Lines and good fishing.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: